Saturday, April 26, 2008

Junk?

I was going threw a box in my closet today.... the box had a lot of high school memories in it, like coins, sangria bottle tops, things that boys gave me (stupid things, but I still have them) my question is... do I throw this stuff away? (stupid things that guys gave me and little things like bottle tops and, a little toy I got in my happy meal on my first date) do I keep it to laugh at and bring back memories? Is it junk? Or something to keep..??That is my question, should I just throw it away? or keep the memories?

7 comments:

~ Amy said...

That's a hard one. If it was me I'd probably get rid of most of it. I'd figure out what could go in a scrapbook, take photos of stuff that is too big (like the happy meal toy) and make a scrapbook. That way, you'd preserve the memory (story) as well as the item. Although, if you've got room, and you can't bear to part from it, save the stuff in a small plastic box to look at again in the future. Want to bring it out here and make a scrapbook?

Robison Fam. said...

I scrapped most of my stuff a long time ago. At least if it had to do with past boys. I knew I had finally found the "right" one and didn't want to be reminded of all the wrong ones! I think my mom still has a small box of a few memories from childhood that I have kept. I think you should just ask yourself, is this something worth saving to tell my kids? Or should I just write the memory down if ti is worth remembering...hope this helps.. I REALLY need to talk to you! It has been too long!

Alisa said...

My mom talked me into throwing all that stuff away when we were cleaning my room out after I got married. So, far I have not missed it. I may when my daughter starts dating (if I have a daughter) but by then it might be decayed anyway! Good Luck!

Annie said...

I say wait until it's not a question. When it's time to throw it away, you'll just throw it away.

Tyna-Minet said...

good reply annie. half of me would say cleanse yourself of it but if it's just a little box then what's it going to hurt to keep it around until it doesn't mean anything to you anymore.

Sarah Starr Alleman Smith said...

Pull out your journal and your trashcan. As you go through the box jot down that special memory and then chuck it. If it really is something with visual impact maybe you could take a picture and slip that in your journal too. You could title it "memories from a box of junk". Keep the memories, but the junk has got to go.

jjp said...

I don't have much of any of that junk. Some of my college buddies call that "hiding the evidence." None of that kind of stuff really means anything to me, at this point, though...