Monday, September 07, 2009

I love UTAH!

We have not had a vacation all year, and with Drew becoming "Detective Payne", he will be training a lot and will not be home as often as we are use to. So we decided to take a vacation to somewhere Drew has never been and a place I LOVE! SOUTHERN UTAH! We stayed in a good friends condo in St. George, (this trip would not have been possible if it was not for our friend, so thank you to her and her wonderful husband, we love you guys!)



This picture is of us at Zions National Park. We went to an "easy" hike, it was suposed to be only .5 of a mile round trip, but Drew took a Left instead of a Right, and we ended up going to the upper pools, and not the lower ones. But the kids did great and it was an amazing hike. it ended up being about 1.6 miles, but the kids were such troopers!

us at the top of our hike



The kids taking a rest
It is a hard job being carried every where you go. Jessie needed a rest too. I feel bad for my brother Cory, he had to carry that stroller most of the way, what a good sport! Thanks Cory!


Anson and Makaila doing taking another rest and being cute!

Anson even got to do some rock climbing with Aunt Angela and Uncle Cory

This is us at the bottom of the hike. we were ready to go home and swim!
This was another hike we went on up Snow Canyon. It was an easy hike, and some beautiful pictures.
The end of our hike up Snow Canyon

Jessie and I had to take a break too

They we put them in this cave above our heads, they thought they were cool, but it was kind of scary with them climbing around in there.

Nikki and Gabe came up to visit us, we went to Snow Canyon a second time and did the sand dunes, and went back and swam for the rest of the day. It was so great to be in the condo, so easy and fun!

Baby Jessie and Ann. They will be BFF's

Just saying Hi
Ok, so I have mentioned this amazing pool we swam in at least 2x's a day, but every time we went there I never brought my camera! So, Cory, when you get your pictures of the kids at the pool please send some to me,I would love to show off my cute swimmers!
Thanks to my hubby Drew, and to my wonderful kids I loved being together as a family, I ask for nothing more in life but to have my husband, and kids. That is all I need to be happy. And Thanks to the Hawkins, for their kind hearts, the Starleys for taking us to Zions and Judkins for hanging out with us. It was the best vacation ever!

3 comments:

Marcie said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Alisa said...

i think you would make a great grammy speech if ever needed! Glad you got tot get away and have fun with your cute family!

Annie said...

Wonderful! Zion's is my absolute favorite place.